You can be part of the solution to homelessness!
Your time and talents can help us end homelessness in our region. Call Ashley at 777.1886 or email her at email@example.com to find out how. Volunteer Orientations are normally held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 5 – 6 PM at 218 Patton Ave. Please contact Ashley to register.
AHOPE is open from 7 a.m. to Noon every weekday and 8 a.m. to Noon on weekends. AHOPE volunteers assist staff in providing basic services to people experiencing homelessness while they wait for housing. Work includes handing out towels & toiletries for showers, checking mail & phone messages, and offering kindness & hope. AHOPE volunteer roles include:
– any weekday, any shift between 7 a.m. and Noon (weekly commitment preferred)
– any weekday, 1-3 p.m. (weekly commitment preferred): helping AHOPE get ready for the next day
– weekend mornings, 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m. – Noon, or 8 a.m. – Noon (monthly commitment preferred)
Help us get furniture and housewares for our clients moving into housing. Learn more about the project!
Welcome Home Project volunteers:
– pick up furniture donations from community members in teams of 2 (regular commitment preferred)
– organize donations and pack move-in boxes (Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.)
– shop for move-in supplies
Help out at special events, like Downtown After 5, or represent Homeward Bound at community events.
Invite us to Speak! A great way to be part of the solution is by helping us spread the word about ending homelessness. Invite us to speak to a group you’re a part of! Contact Beth Russo at 828-258-1695 ext. 111 to make arrangements.