You can be part of the solution to homelessness!
Your time and talents can serve your neighbors living without housing and help us end homelessness in our region.
Volunteering is a meaningful experience. Michael, an AHOPE volunteer says:
“I don’t know if I ever expressed this, but I was always impressed with the level of work you do at Homeward Bound and AHope. There is so much respect and human dignity in it. Also, you waste absolutely nothing. You can take a small amount of resources and make it perform so many different services. Thanks for letting me volunteer with you!”
Call Ashley at 777.1886 or email her at email@example.com to find out how you can help your neighbors get home.
Volunteer Orientations are normally held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 5 – 6 PM at 218 Patton Ave. Please contact Ashley to register.
AHOPE is open from 7 a.m. to Noon every weekday and 8 a.m. to Noon on weekends. AHOPE volunteers assist in providing basic services to people experiencing homelessness while they wait for housing. Work includes handing out towels & toiletries for showers, checking mail & phone messages, and offering kindness & hope. AHOPE volunteer roles include:
– any weekday, any shift between 7 a.m. and Noon (weekly commitment preferred)
– any weekday, 1-3 p.m. (weekly commitment preferred): helping AHOPE get ready for the next day
– weekend mornings, 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m. – Noon, or 8 a.m. – Noon (monthly commitment preferred)
Help us get furniture and housewares for our clients moving into housing. Learn more about the project!
Welcome Home Project volunteers:
– pick up furniture donations from community members in teams of 2 (regular commitment preferred)
– organize donations and pack move-in boxes (Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.)
– shop for move-in supplies
Help out at special events, like Downtown After 5, or represent Homeward Bound at community events.
Invite us to Speak! A great way to be part of the solution is by helping us spread the word about ending homelessness. Invite us to speak to a group you’re a part of! Contact Beth Russo at 828-258-1695 ext. 111 to make arrangements.