You can be part of the solution to homelessness!
Your time and talents can help us end homelessness in our region. Call Ashley at 777.1886 or email her at email@example.com to find out how. Volunteer Orientations are normally held the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 5 – 6 PM at 218 Patton Ave. Please contact Ashley to register.
A HOPE is open from 7 a.m. to Noon every weekday and 8 a.m. to Noon on weekends. A HOPE volunteers assist staff in providing basic services to people experiencing homelessness while they wait for housing. Work includes handing out towels & toiletries for showers, checking mail & phone messages, and offering kindness & hope. AHOPE volunteer roles include:
– any weekday, any shift between 7 a.m. and Noon (weekly commitment preferred)
– any weekday, 1-3 p.m. (weekly commitment preferred): helping AHOPE get ready for the next day
– weekend mornings, 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m. – Noon, or 8 a.m. – Noon (monthly commitment preferred)
Help us get furniture and housewares for our clients moving into housing. Learn more about the project!
Welcome Home Project volunteers:
– pick up furniture donations from community members in teams of 2 (regular commitment preferred)
– organize donations and pack move-in boxes (Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.)
– shop for move-in supplies
Volunteers at our 218 Patton Ave. building welcome clients (particularly for the Women At Risk program), answer phones, and assist with light administration projects.
Help out at special events, like Downtown After 5, or represent Homeward Bound at community events.
Invite us to Speak! A great way to be part of the solution is by helping us spread the word about ending homelessness. Invite us to speak to a group you’re a part of! Contact Beth Russo at 828-258-1695 ext. 105 to make arrangements.