Drop off NON-furniture donations to us at 19 N. Ann St. downtown Tuesdays & Thursdays 1-3 p.m. For furniture donations or to arrange a different dropoff time, contact Ashley Campbell at 777.1886. Thank you for being part of the solution!
Wishlist: AHOPE Day Center
- Travel-Sized Toiletries (soap, shampoo, disposable razors, deodorant, feminine products, toothbrushes/toothpaste)
- Peanut butter, jelly, & bread
- Socks & Underwear
- Outreach Supplies: Many of our clients choose to camp, rather than come in for emergency shelter, for a variety of reasons. If we can offer them the supplies they need, we not only keep them safe outdoors, but we also start to gain their trust & build the relationships that can lead to a move into housing. You can help by donating:
- Tents & patch kits
- Sleeping bags
- Can openers
- Basic first aid kits
- Waterproofing spray
- Rain jackets or ponchos
- Flashlights & batteries
Wishlist: Welcome Home Project
Most people we’re moving off the streets & into their own homes only have their own clothing & toiletries, so through the Welcome Home Project, we work to gather donations of furniture & housewares to support them as they transition into permanent housing. We move people in every week, so we always need these donations!
You can also support the Welcome Home Project by:
- Sponsoring a move-in: Rally a group you’re involved with to collect a full set of furniture & housewares for someone’s new apartment! Once you’ve collected all your items, let us know, and we’ll match you with someone moving into housing and coordinate a time for your group to furnish the apartment and welcome its new tenant home.
- Volunteering to sort donations, pack move-in boxes, pick up furniture donations, or help case managers with move-ins.
- Storage: We’re on the lookout for donated warehouse space close to downtown. Storage is our greatest need in the Welcome Home Project.
To learn more or get connected, contact Ashley Campbell at 777.1886, or email her at volunteer at homewardboundwnc.org.