Homelessness is a community-wide problem with a community-wide solution. We can end homelessness in Western North Carolina – but we need your help.
- Engage in the work of our local 10-year plan to end homelessness. Contact the Asheville-Buncombe Homeless Initiative at (828) 259.5851 to learn more about it & to find out when the next meetings of the Homeless Coalition or Homeless Advisory Committee are so you can attend.
- Join the North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness & the National Alliance to End Homelessness, and stay up-to-date on homeless policy issues.
- Contact your legislators at the local, state, and national levels – let them know you want to see homelessness ended in your community. Encourage them to fund what works: permanent housing.
- Spread the word. Educate the community around you & engage them in ending homelessness in WNC.
- Invite us to speak. Are you part of a faith community, civic club, or other group of people who’d like to learn more about homelessness in our community? We’d love to share our work with your group.
Contact Beth Russo, at (828) 258.1695 x105
or by Email